how long is a brb until it becomes a gtg
I’m a hopeless romantic with a dirty mind who has high standards.
Sometimes you need to remind yourself that you were the one who carried you through the heartache. You are the one who sits with the cold body on the shower floor, and picks it up. You are the one who feeds it, who clothes it, who tucks it into bed, and you should be proud of that. Having the strength to take care of yourself when everyone around you is trying to bleed you dry, that is the strongest thing in the universe.
If we’re dating and you don’t let me pretend to play bongo drums on your butt then guess what? We’re through
White privilege is your history being taught as a core class and mine being taught as an elective.
please let them know.
white privilege is your history being taught as a core class, and mine being banned because it would promote "the overthrow of the U.S. government, foster racial resentment, and advocate ethnic solidarity."
How do some people sit in class with that much ass crack out and not know
Uh…… you mean like this?
Thank you for wanting to help!
I set up a guide:
What you can do:
Contact your local media and inform them of what’s going on.
However, follow these steps to make sure the report is taken seriously:
- AVOID FALSE IMAGES. There are images going around that don’t belong to the Venezuelan protests. Here are some examples. These are traps to discredit the movement.
- How do you know an image is from Venezuela?
- Ask a Venezuelan.
- Google image search anything your find. Check the date/location of the image. If there’s no other online reference of the image, it most likely is current. Most Venezuelan images are coming from tweets.
- The twitter account https://twitter.com/proyectobase/ is trying to post only confirmed things. Check that out!
- Favor videos about what’s going on.
- Present the information politely. “Hello, I’m deeply concerned about what’s going on in Venezuela. I found the following photographic/video evidence.” Present research if you have it. Keep your commentary brief and concise. You want to get their attention.
- Do not link to Venezuelan tumblrs or blogs. Send the images or videos from youtube, and only from tumblr if there’s no other choice. Remember, you may expose bloggers to media attention or make them targets of the Venezuelan government.
- Translate this guide to other languages, or translate articles and information about Venezuela to other languages. Get the word out.
MORE IMPORTANTLY, get informed, or at least leave the research to the journalists. Be careful with your wording and opinions expressed: remember, any gaffe or mistake can lend itself to the whole report being discredited.
Here are some sources:
Some helpful reading:
http://feministing.com/2014/02/20/toward-a-nuanced-feminist-discussion-on-venezuela/ (A nicely objective report. I like this one a lot as it really highlights why some people defend chavismo— brutal oppression notwithstanding of course, but it’s an excellent one.)
P.S: The site “Venezuelanalysis” is strongly pro-government. Beware.
Anything coming from Telesur is dubious because, well, let’s see who the stock holders are in Telesur:
La Nueva Televisora del Sur, C.A. is a public company which has some Latin American governments as its sponsors. Its sponsors are the governments of Argentina 20%, Bolivia 5%, Cuba 19%, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Uruguay 10% and Venezuela 51%
I strongly recommend using videos as evidence. Double, if not triple checking any image you prepare to send. A single fake image can kill a good report.
for those who would like to help the people of Venezuela, either your friends or family members who are in danger there. Just follow this instructions prepared.
if you have a friend or contacts to your local news in your home countries, help them to spread the situation of the crisis. Because the International Media is NOT RESPONDING! WTF. Read the article below:
get as much information from the locals before they are silenced.
I have explained this so many times…
I think the worst part was immediately after this scene, someone at the table calls him a f*ggot again, and they all laugh. It took away from a very important message, and gave more ammo and validation to homophobes.